Community

Community

Execution Plans

(G Vijayakumar) When I started using SQL Server, I was not using the “Show Execution Plan” properly to analyse the query. I always thought that when I compose a query, it is the best it can be; I never even think of performance on my query and I did not give much importance to looking at the “Execut

Community

Understanding System Statistics

(Jonathan Lewis) What is the most important component of the Oracle Database engine? My vote goes to the optimizer. Everything the database does is SQL, and every piece of SQL has to be translated into something that can work efficiently. Whatever you do with your data, the optimizer gets involved.

Community

IBM DB2 Migration Toolkit

You need to be able to access all of your information wherever it resides. DB2 Information Management software protects your current database investment and delivers information on demand to ensure your information is integrated, comprehensive, uniform, analyzable and accessible all the time across

Community

XML and Dreamweaver

(Kevin Ruse) While certainly not a full-blown XML editor, Dreamweaver MX 2004 includes a fair amount of support for XML. This latest release eases the web designers’ transition into the area of structured markup. Many web designers using Dreamweaver rarely view their code, preferring instead to stay