Community

Community

Professional ASP XML

This book will show you how to synthesize your ASP applications with the power of XML. The aim is for you to expand your knowledge of XML, in conjunction with ASP, to a level where you can harness effectively the full capability and versatility that this evolving technology offers to integrated Inte

Community

XML Pocket Reference

The XML Pocket Reference is both a handy introduction to XML terminology and syntax, and a quick reference to XML instructions, attributes, entities, and datatypes. It also covers XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language), necessary to ensure that your XML documents have a consistent look and feel across

Community

Hello, Voice World

In our last trip to Didier's Lab, we encountered the aural world of XML made possible by the VoiceXML language. This week I'll explain more about VoiceXML and create the classic "Hello World" application. But this time instead of seeing the result, you'll listen to it. People int

Community

Processing Inclusions with XSLT

The consequences of using more than one file to create an XML document, or XML inclusion, is a topic that enflames discussion lists, and for which finding a general solution is like trying to square the circle. In this article, we will show how customized parsers can expose a more complete document

Community

XML From Your Palm

If you're like me, you rely on your Palm organizer to keep a semblance of order in your life. Without it, I wouldn't get to meetings on time, or remember to participate in telephone conference calls, or know how to reach my colleagues when I'm on the road. Unfortunately, for all its ben

Community

The XML Bible

The XML Bible is a comprehensive introduction to using XML for Web page design. It shows you how to write XML documents, validate them with DTDs, design CSS and XSL style sheets for those documents, convert them to HTML, and publish them on Web servers for the world to read.

Community

Gentrifying the Web

Few XML developers haven't heard of XHTML. Ask one of them to describe what it is, and the answer you get will be something like: "it's just HTML 4 expressed in XML." This is quite true, but it only captures what is the first phase of a much more ambitious task. Take a look at the W3